Jua Lamp Pendant
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
A great way to brighten up a room!
These beautiful pendants can be used as decoration and accent lighting anywhere in your home. Bought a new lamp and don’t like the shade? Easy fix! Replace the lamp shade for these beautifully crafted and decorative pendants. They are ready to hang over your dining room table or brighten up your home office for an eclectic and worldly feel.
- Approximately 29.5” D x 27” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia, sweetgrass, and banana bark
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- No lighting hardware included. USA customers: We recommend purchasing pre-assembled kits from The Color Cord Co.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Uganda.
Meaning & Purpose
Raffia is harvested by extracting liquid from the raffia palm tree. At first, raffia is green but it is then stripped and dried by the brilliant rays of Uganda sunshine and turns into a beige color. Once fully dried, the KAZI team carefully dyes the dried strands to match Pantone colors. After, the material is distributed to the weavers who take the materials to their homes where they weave your beautiful home decor products right alongside caring for their families and farms. Imagine, the pendant in your home first started it’s life half a world away in a woman’s home in rural Uganda!
IN STORE PICK UP ONLY - Local delivery can be arranged.