- Chimayo Salt straight from the Los Poblanos Lavender Farm!
- Another amazing product from Los Poblanos!
- Sea of Cortez Salt blended with the earthy, smoky flavor of Chimayó Red Chile.
- The Chimayó Chile is a 300 year-old Native American chile variety that is integral to New Mexican culture.
- This salt blend brings the iconic flavor of Northern New Mexico to your kitchen.
- Chimayo Salt can be used in any savory dish as it will add an earthiness flavor and smoky heat.
- Try adding Chimayó salt and Chile Rojo Flakes to braised pork or beef dishes.
- Slowly simmer the dish to impart the smoky chile flavor.
- Chimayo Chile comes from a less common strain of pepper, called Capsicum annuum Chimayo.
- This distinctive smaller Chile has been adapted to live in the high and dry arid climate of northern New Mexico.
- The chile is grown in small batches from original heirloom seeds passed down from generation to generation.
- The village of Chimayo is north of Santa Fe in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
- The Los Poblanos Chimayo Salt comes in a 4 ounce reusable glass jar.
- Ingredients: Sea of Cortez salt, Chimayo Red Chile.
- From Made in New Mexico. Ships Next Business Day. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Organic lavender farming enables Los Poblanos to further their preservation mission by balancing their rich agricultural history with environmental concerns such as water conservation and soil structure. Los Poblanos uses a steam distillation process right on the farm to extract the essential oil and ensure absolute purity. The oil then goes into the line of artisan products and amenities at Los Poblanos Inn to offer their guests a deeply relaxing experience directly connected to the land itself.
Los Poblanos's dedication to lavender continually expands with more field space and special attention paid to utilizing the historic greenhouse for both year-round food sources and lavender propagation. Their farmers’ focus is on creating a Grosso land-race specific to our unique North Valley climate and soils. This will help have stronger plants with less work, meaning more lavender for us all of us to enjoy.
"Our mission is to preserve the historic Los Poblanos Ranch by cultivating a dynamic business dedicated to sustainable agriculture, hospitality, historic preservation, and community.” – The Rembe Family